Türkçeden İngilizceye Çeviri Sonucu
- Leader of the congregational prayer that Muslims offer five times a day It is sometimes used to refer to the head of the Islamic State. the man who leads prayers in a mosque; for Shiites an imam is a recognized authority on Islamic theology and law and a spiritual guide.
- Muslim teacher, serving as a priest in a mosque, who recites the prayers and leads the devotions of the faithful. belief. or Imaam 'A leader ' This word has slightly different meanings in different contexts For example, the person who leads the congregational salah is referred to as the Imam; the great scholars of Islamic jurisprudence or hadith are also given the title, Imam.
- One who leads a prayer.
- Leader of a prayer; may also be employed or appointed head of a Mosque.
- Generally the leader of congregational prayers, implying no ordination or special spiritual powers beyond sufficient education to carry out this function The word is also used figuratively by many Sunni Muslims to mean the leader of the Islamic community Among Shia Muslims, it indicates the particular descendant of the House of Ali who is believed to have been God's designated repository of the spiritual authority inherent in that line The identity of this individual and the means of ascertaining his identity have been the major issues causing divisions among the Shia.
- Word used in several senses In general use, it means the leader of congregational prayers; as such it implies no ordination or special spiritual powers beyond sufficient education to carry out this function It is also used figuratively by many Sunni Muslims to mean the leader of the Islamic community Among Shia the word takes on many complex meanings; in general, however, and particularly when uppercased, it indicates that particular descendant of the House of Ali who is believed to be God's designated repository of the spiritual authority inherent in that line The identity of this individual and the means of ascertaining his identity have been major issues causing divisions among Shia Among the Ibadis of Oman, the imam was elected to office and was regarded by all as the spiritual leader of the community and by some as the temporal ruler as well Claims of various Omani imams to secular power led to open rebellions as late as the 1950s.
- A religious leader; specifically, one of the hereditary successors of Muhammad, venerated Shiite Islam A religious leader; specifically, one of the hereditary successors of Muhammad, venerated Shiite Islam.
- The person who leads the prayer or service.
- In Sunni Islam, the leader of ritual prayer; in Shi'a Islam, the successor and heir to 'the light of Muhammad '. the leader of an Islamic community.
- The man who leads the prayers in Mosques and helps people understand the Koran.
- An Islamic religious leader who leads the congregation in prayer; in the Ashirra sect, the Imam is the vampire who provides religious leadership to the local Cainite community; often the local vampiric imam and sultan are one and the same, or they have some sort of agreement.
- Leader In the specific sense, Imam refers to those 12 successors appointed by the prophet, on Allah's instructions, to lead the Muslims after him The first of them being Imam Ali and the last of them Imam Mahdi, who has been promised by the prophet to emerge to establish peace and justice throughout the world.
- Arabic term meaning the leader of ritual prayer The term is applied to the prayer leader at public prayers, to the spiritual head of a congregation or school, and especially to the leader of the whole Islamic community For Shiites, the word refers to the spiritual leader of the community.
- Leader at the worship service in the mosque In Shi'ite Islam, it refers to the Leader who is a descendant of Ali, the fourth caliph After a certain number of Imams , the last one disappeared without dying and will return at the end of time to bring justice to the world through the spread of Shi'ite Islam. 'The male prayer leader in a mosque ' or 'The Muslim worshiper who leads the recitation of prayer when two or more worshipers are present ' .
- A teacher, or leader of the Muslim prayer The term has another meaning in the Shi'a community.
- imam. prayer leader.