Türkçeden İngilizceye Çeviri Sonucu
- Council of senior military officers during the Ottoman period.
- Persian term initially designating the official registers,later the administrative offices of the state, and finally the sovereign's council of state There was a distinction between the Divan i-Am, or chamber for public audience with the prince which was part of the throne room, and the Divan i-Khas, or private audience room, used during courtly ceremonies.
- Upholstered couch without arms or back Originated from the Turkish habit of piling rugs for reclining.
- a long backless sofa. a Muslim council of state. a collection of Persian or Arabic poems. a Muslim council chamber or law court.
- divan. council of state. public sitting. collected poems. couch. council. cycle. lounge. sofa.
- A coffee and smoking saloon. a long backless sofa a Muslim council chamber or law court a collection of Persian or Arabic poems a Muslim council of state.
- A cushioned seat, or a large, low sofa or couch; especially, one fixed to its place, and not movable.
- Cushions on the floor or on benches are ranged round the room.
- A saloon or hall where a council is held, in Oriental countries, the state reception room in places, and in the houses of the richer citizens.
- A chief officer of state.
- Also used by the poets for a grand deliberative council or assembly.
- In Turkey and other Oriental countries: A council of state; a royal court.
- A book; esp., a collection of poems written by one author; as, the divan of Hafiz.
- couch. divan. sofa. council of a state. collected poems.
- day bed. divan. ottoman. couch. dewan. council. lounge. sociable.