Türkçeden İngilizceye Çeviri Sonucu
- The third, inactive stage of an insect's life cycle intermediate between larva and adult.
- The stage in an INSECT LIFECYCLE between LARVA and adult This is the stage during which METAMORPHOSIS takes place and pupae are often covered in a hard covering and are apparently inactive Under the covering a radical re-arrangement of body structures occurs to alter, for example, the CATERPILLAR into the adult butterfly or moth Some insects OVERWINTER as pupae.
- Inactive pre-adult form of an insect.
- The stage in gypsy moth development when the larva changes into the adult moth. : inactive stage of insects with complete metamorphosis during which development into the final adult form is completed.
- The resting stage between juvenile and adult forms of an insect; in butterflies, the pupa is encased by a chrysalis Typically this stage is immobile and does not feed; internally, however, complete reconstruction is taking place [image].
- Insects go through a number of different life stages At the end of the final larval stage, the once softbodied larva develops a hard outer shell and becomes a pupa Inside the insect begins reforming itself from the breakdown and rearrangement of larval tissue It is growing eyes, wings, and legs When it emerges from the pupa, it will be an adult insect.
- A transition stage in a life cycle of insects between larva and adult.
- The third stage in a butterflies life.
- The stage between the larva and the adult in animals that have complete metamorphosis.
- stern. astern. poop. pupa.
- A genus of air- breathing land snails having an elongated spiral shell. an insect in the inactive stage of development intermediate between larva and adult.
- Any insect in that stage of its metamorphosis which usually immediately precedes the adult, or imago, stage.